Two years ago today, I married the most amazing woman I know.
Instead of taking a big trip this year, we just spent the weekend together in our home (something we haven't been able to do lately), thinking about how good God is (it's always meaningful to have Easter as the centerpiece of our anniversary celebration), and accomplishing some projects around the house (a.k.a. lowering Mrs. Turner's blood pressure -- I hear it's called "nesting" amongst the womenfolk).
It's been a big year for us, and I don't think last April we had any idea that we'd be where we are now:
- We spent our first anniversary camping in Big Bend National Park.
- We spent time with family & friends in the mountains of New Mexico & Colorado, West Texas, New Orleans, and wedding venues all over Austin (SO MANY WEDDINGS!)
- Claire was Summer Camp Director for City of Pflugerville's Pfun Camp (and she is again this year!)
- Claire completed her teaching certification, then desperately searched for a Special Education teaching position, only to get hired within hours after crying out to God for what to do and following a new lead. We consider it both a gift from God and her mission field.
- We continued to volunteer regularly at Camp Wilderness Ridge, and I was hired on as the Director of Retreats & Camping. We began learning to trust God to provide for our needs as we raise financial support.
- We picked up our life in Austin and moved out to the Lost Pines to live at camp. We've worked hard on our home, joined a new church (The Well in East Austin), and are building a new community while remaining connected to our close friends.
- We had a new addition to our family: A CHINCHILLA! I bet you thought I was going to say we had a baby ;-)
You know, it really has been a crazy year. But I wouldn't have wanted to do it with anyone else. I haven't regretted one second of being married to Claire Turner. She is a more perfect partner for me than I could have ever imagined. It's really funny how well we complete each other--perfectly matched strength for weakness, and weakness for strength. I am convinced more each day that God brought us together for a reason, and I'm glad we get to serve Him together each day.
Claire, I love you, and I am excited for many, many more years to come.
Video thanks to Bailey Nicole Miller (my little sister) who put together this video as a surprise for Claire at our wedding rehearsal dinner.